- Backup C:\Adobe\LiveCycle8.2\mysql\my.ini
- Launch the MySQL Administrator
- When prompted to sign in, hold the Ctrl key and click the "Skip" button that appears
- Click on Startup Variables, and hit "Choose Option File" at the bottom and select C:\Adobe\LiveCycle8.2\mysql\my.ini
- Then go back to the Server Control and make sure that "Config Filename" is correct under the "Configure Service" tab.
You should then be able to stop and start the services and connect with the correct password. You can normally pull your username password from C:\Adobe\LiveCycle8.2\jboss\server\all\deploy\adobe_ds.xml if you're not sure what it is after going through the generic install.
This however doesn't solve all my issues, as my "default" account doesn't have the same privileges as say the root account would, but then again, the root account doesn't seem to exist...