- Open IIS
- Expand your local server
- Click on Server Certificates
- Select 'Create Self-Signed Certificate' on the right.
- Enter a name (ie - local)
- Click on Web Sites
- Right click on Default Web Site and select Bindings
- Add a new Web Site Binding for https and select your 'local' certificate
- Click ok and close.
- For whatever reason, a restart was required, but this may not be the case for everyone.
Thursday, November 30, 2006
Using a https certificate in Vista
Quite often I find the need to develop locally for a site using https. You can do this with Self-Signed Certificates in IIS 7.0. You don't have to install anything, so it's much easier to set it up than it has been in the past.